What interesting names!
I realize that your question is focused on learning the names of Marie's parents. You are presumably related, so you are probably interested in her life and her family.
If I were in your shoes, I would use the information you have learned from the obituary and reach out to Mildred's descendants. You might just find a family historian among them, or at least someone who inherited the family papers.
Some additional sources/considerations:
- Maria Kuchar died 30 July 1953 [at St. Louis County, Missouri]; she is buried at Jefferson Barracks National Cemtery (St. Louis.) See US Department of Veterans Affairs, National Gravesite Locator. Search for surname "Kuchar" at the referenced cemetery.
- Death Certificate of "Maria Kuchar" available online from Missouri Secretary of State. Informant was Charles Kuchar, seems likely her son. Certificate reports "Maria" was born 23 Oct 1898 at St. Louis; parents as Thomas Horejs and Barbara ?Uut_. See the death certificate itself for your interpretation of the mother's name.
- See also Death Certificate of Charles W. Kuchar, presumably her husband, available at Missouri Secretary of State website. "Marie Kuchar" is the informant on the death certificate. Reports he died 20 Mar 1953. He has memorial at at FindAGrave (Charles Kuchar). A Charles Thomas Kuchar (1929-1981) is also buried in the same cemetery; seems possibly their son. Arthur W. Kuchar buried also at Jefferson Barraks National Cemetery (1899-1962) seems Marie's brother in law; Arthur's wife appears to be Jean S. Kuchar, buried there as well.
P.S. Personally, I would take the informants record of the parents names (given as "Thomas Horejs" and "Barbara _") as just a starting point. St. Louis is one of the places that did maintain a record of births rather early. I suspect that when you find the record of Marie's birth and other information about her, the spelling of the different names will vary.
Worth further checking:
- Missouri Secretary of State has Death Certificate for one Barbara Horeys (Horejs), wife of Thomas, reports she died 06 Jan 1946 at St. Louis (city), Missouri. Informant is a ?T/J Singler (an official of the hospital; see the record for details.) Certificate reports Barbara was born Bohemia; father as Francis Tuskisa; mother, Marie Schmieder.
- Same authority has Death Certificate for one Thomas Horejs dec'd 13 June 1957; a widower. Informant was a Chas. S. Horejs whose residence address was the same as the deceased.
P.S. Searching FindAGrave for the spelling "Horejs" returns 30 grave memorials. There are entries for a Barbara Horejs (d. 1946) and Thomas Horejs (d. 1957) at Resurrection Cemetery in St. Louis County, Missouri. No images for either stone. Burials at that cemetery for the surname include an "Anna J." and a Charles S.," all worth investigating.