I am trying to find a baptism record for John Bohling, Born 14 Feb 1843 in the city of Hanover, Niedersachsen, Germany, Died 15 April 1883 in Utica, New York.
- His death date has been verified with an obituary in the Utica, New York newspaper.
- His birth date was passed down from John Bohling himself through his direct descendants.
- His wife's name was Juliane Julia Bottcher:
- She was born in Holstein, Germany in 1848.
- Her death was in Utica, New York 5 February 1896 and also verified through an obituary in the Utica, New York newspaper
Timeline for John Bohling
- 14 Feb 1843 - born in the city of Hanover (Germany) (family documents)
- abt Feb 1843 - baptism?, but which religious denomination, which parish?
18691867- arrival in USA
- marriage probably bef 1869 - USA
Likely candidate: John Bohleng (Bohling) & Juliane W.C.M.Pattcher (Pacher) on 12 October 1867 in Portland, Maine (Maine Vital Records, 1670-1921) - but parents not named, and record is a copy: original (or the marriage intention) may have additional information
- abt 1869 - birth in New York of eldest child Henry (per 1870 & 1880 censuses)
- 1870 - residence Utica, Oneida, New York, United States, 1870 US Census. Age 27, born Hanover, with spouse Julia (age 23, born Holstein), and son Henry (age 1, born New York)
- 1880 - residence Utica, Oneida, New York, United States, 1880 US Census. Age 38, born Germany, with spouse Julia Bohling (age 34, born Germany), and 5 children (11y - 1y, all US-born) Henry Bohling, Carl Bohling, Albert Bohling, John Bohling, William Bohling
- 15 April 1883 - died in Utica, New York (obituary). Buried in New Forest Cemetery, Utica (Findagrave memorial, John Bohling)