I am a little confused with determining the relationship status here:
My 4th Great Grandfather was the brother of Mary Branch. Mary is the Great Grandmother of Thomas Jefferson so the line is this:
- William Branch sibling to Mary Branch
- son Elias,
- Grandson Michael,
- Great Grandson Walton,
- 2nd Great Grandson Allen,
- 3rd Great Granddaughter Jessie,
- 4th Great Granddaughter, Me.
Mary's line she married Thomas Jefferson Sr, they had:
- Thomas Jefferson Jr. son,
- Peter Jefferson grandson,
- President Thomas Jefferson Great grandson.
So am I a 4th cousin, 3 times removed to President Jefferson?