Gregor and Lluk Lakuriqi arrived in the U.S. in 1911. They stayed until 1919, left and came back in 1920.
Here is a timeline for them:
- Gregor born 1894 in Albania (then Turkey), Greek Orthodox
- Lluk born 1902 in Albania (then Turkey), Greek Orthodox
- Gregor was in the US in 1917 (WWI draft registration card)
- They arrived in the port of New York on the ship Madonna (passenger list for the Madonna arriving 22 Mar 1920)
- Lluk submitted a Petition for Naturalization in 1925
- That around 1917 they lived in Philadelphia.
Also, here are the know variants of their names:
- Lakuriqi / Lakurigi
- Lluk, Luka, Lucas
- Gregor, Grigor, Gori, Grigorios
I haven't been able to locate them in the Ellis Island / NY / Philadelphia / Boston arrivals.
Could anyone give me a hint, I'm getting clueless on where to locate their 1911 arrival.
Link to documents : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3oo6dikacexn5lg/AABdzGKhMHZuBG3aBBBgY-h3a?dl=0
Some more (incomplete) information:
- Lluk left and came back in 1933, at that time he lived in NJ (Vineland) (source Ellis records)
- Gregor died (in Philadelphia?) between 1920 and 1927(?) (haven't been able to find death record
- arrival date 22 Mar 1920 for ship Madonna departing Naples, Italy (lines 21, 22) page 1 page 2 Passenger and Crew Lists of Vessels Arriving at New York, New York, 1897-1957. Microfilm Publication T715, Roll 2742; Page Number 124)