- "my daughter Peggy Heardin"
- "my Grandson Jackson Moore"
- "my Grand daughter Emily Tesdel"
The will was written in and probated in Sumner, Tennessee.
I have been unable to determine the identity of "Grandson Jackson Moore".
I found these federal census records in various locations for men named Jackson Moore/Moor born in Tennessee during Peggy and Robert Moore's marriage:
- Jackson Moore (b. ~1817, Tennessee) with Malinda Moore (b. ~1819), Jackson County, Alabama, 1850
- Jackson Moore (b. ~1815, Tennessee) with Sarah Moore (b. ~1832), Fulton County, Arkansas, 1850
- Jackson Moor (b. 1816-1817, Tennesee) with Polly Moor (b. 1817-1818), Gallatin, Illinois, 1870
The name "Robert Jackson Moore" appears on an 1836 tax list for Spring and Black Townships in Lawrence County, Arkansas. The same page has a record for a Robert J. W. Moore. One question I have is whether the two listings could be for the same man. I consider this lead more promising than the above census records because it is in Lawrence County, Arkansas, where Peggy and Jonathan Heardin and Emily and Orin Tisdale were known to be living in 1850. Also suggestive are marriage records showing that a man named Robert W. Moore married a woman Abitha Tisdale/Lisdale in Lawrence, Arkansas, on 13 October 1840. Although I have been unable to find any other records for Abitha Tisdale, it seems not unlikely that she is related to Emily's husband Orin Tisdale. It also seems reasonable that the son of a man named Robert would also be named Robert but known by another name during his father's lifetime.
I have collected further information, which can be found on the Wikitree page for Robert W. Moore.
I would like to know:
- the full name of "Grandson Jackson Moore"
- whom he married
- where he lived