I know this will sound far-fetched, but maybe someone can help me.
DNA Match through Ancestry shows:
- 'First Cousin' match at 820 CM over 37 segments (Let's call him Tom)
- 'Second Cousin' match at 541 CM over 32 segments (Let's call her Sue)
- 'Close Family' match at 1408 CM over 59 segments (Let's call him J.D.)
What I know from contacting Tom:
- 'First Cousin' (Tom) is the son of my great-uncle on my dad's side
- 'Second Cousin' (Sue) is the full sister of (Tom)
- 'Close Family' (J.D.) does not actually show a name, only initials, and his results are managed by 'Second Cousin' (Sue). I know nothing else about him.
Why are Tom and Sue different levels of cousin (1st and 2nd) to me if they are full siblings?
How would J.D. be related to me?
Is it possible that my mother could possibly be the mother to one of these matches (a 1/2 sibling)? I know she had a 'creepy' uncle who she does not want to talk about, and on my birth certificate it shows there was one child born before me (she says it's a clerical error). If it helps, I am in my 50's and so are my matches (except J.D. whom I have no info about).