My parents married in 1953. I think they went to Mississippi from Louisiana to marry. They didn’t want to do the waiting period. Then they came back the next day and were married by a priest in Avoyelles parish in Louisiana.

How can I find their marriage license?

  • Do you have the Avoyelles certificate/record? That is the place to start.
    – Cyn
    Dec 31, 2018 at 19:31

1 Answer 1


You are a direct relative. Send requests to both the Mississippi and Louisiana Vital Records department on the appropriate forms and the required documentation, usually birth certificate. As a direct relative they will give you copies of their records, for a fee of course.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.