Here is a record on Ancestry from a 1911 military census enumeration.
- Sharing link from Ancestry to the image.
- Original link to the record page (may need subscription or 'registered user' account to view)
- Name: Robert Brown
- Age in 1911: 22
- Estimated Birth Year: abt 1889
- Gender: Male
- Birth Place: South Melton, Devon, England
- Search Photos:
- County/Island: Military
- Country: England
- Rank: Private Military
- Unit: 1st Wiltshire Regt Registration
- District Number: 641 ED,
- Institution, or vessel: South Africa
- Piece: 34977
I have been looking through his military papers and I can see references to South Africa. My understanding from the above is that in 1911 he was in South Africa. Yet the Country/Island says Military.
I am trying to confirm (if possible) exactly where Robert Brown was at the time of this census because I don't like having a place called Military.