The Great-Grandparents of my wife were landlords of "The Brecon Arms" in Llanelli, Wales.
- I heard this information first hand from another elderly relative, who was their Grandchild. The above photo was given to me by this family member.
- I have seen it documented on certificates. For example, they had a young daughter who was only 5 months old when she died in 1920, and it stated them as the landlords of the pub:
How can I go about:
- Finding more information about this specific pub.
- Finding any specific records about Alexander Harris being the landlord? (ie. the time period he was landlord).
For the sake of keeping everything connected:
- This was the discussion about Mary (the child referred to above):
- These are previous questions about Alexander:
- 20-06-2022 I have received today the birth certificate of one of their youngest sons (1923 Samuel Harris) and even then they were in the Brecon Arms.
- 22097-2022 I have received today the birth certificate of one of their older daughters (April 1918 Jeanie Harris). On this certificate it says that she was born at the Brecon Arms and that this was the residence of her mum. At this time it said her father Alexander Harris was a Munitions Workers (in Llanelly). I guess that was something to do with the first world war. On a first research of the occupation it seems to be related to a woman's job. Maybe this warrants new question.
So we know how that they moved into this pub between 1916 and 1918. And that by November 1919 he himself was a "Licensed Victualler".