I am having trouble transcribing an address from a New York marriage certificate from 1870. Hopefully someone with knowledge of the area and time might be able to see it as I am unfamiliar with the area. There is a fair amount of handwriting to compare to.
The 2. Place of residence - is the trouble "East something something"
I'm guessing it's a New York address, but it could be further afield as I have no other information for him.
On the marriage application there's another address, but I think it's the registrars office: "44 W 32nd St. New York"
My transcription is
RETURN OF A MARRIAGE.
- Full Name of HUSBAND, John MacArthur
- Place of Residence, East ????? ???
- Age next Birthday, 43
- Occupation, Book Keeper
- Place of Birth, Scotland
- Father's Name,. Gilbert MacArthur
- Mother's Maiden Name, Isabella MacArthur
- No. of Husband's Marriage, Second
- Full Name of WIFE. Mary Ellen Sunley Maiden Name, if a Widow,
- Place of Residence, New York City
- Age next birthday, 34
- Place of Birth. New York City
- Father's Name, Richard Sunley
- Mother's Maiden Name Sarah Roebuck
- No. of Wife's Marriage, One