The people who can give you the most detailed answers is likely to be the local historical museum staff; you should be able to contact them in English and German.
Heimatmuseum Kirchheimbolanden e.V.
Phone: +49 6352 401850
There are some church books archived at other places, if you want to look for them. You'll most likely have to visit the organisations to be able to look into those archives.
The Landesarchiv Speyer has the catholic church books from roughly 1686 to 1798 (signature: F 6 Nr. 125 and F 6 Nr. 126), lutheran church books from roughly 1707 to 1798 (signature: F 6 Nr. 127, F 6 Nr. 128 and F 6 Nr. 129) and reformed church books from roughly 1738 to 1798 (signature: F 6 Nr. 130 and F 6 Nr. 131) as both originals and on microfiche. They also have a chronological register (not sure what this entails in detail) for the time from 1686 to 1800 under the signatures A 197/116 and 131; this includes information about the Jewish community.
The Zentralarchiv der Evangelischen Kirche der Pfalz in Speyer has gathered the so-called "Bürgerbuch" with confirmations from 1747 to 1837 (signature: 506).
Similar archives book locations and signatures from the Rheinland-Pfalz and Saarland area can be located by looking up in the official "Kirchenbuchverzeichnis" of the Landeshauptarchiv Rheinland-Pfalz.
The Genealogical Society of Utah has - unsurprisingly, they're very good at it - copies of some of the church books. The batch numbers are:
- Christenings (male only) 1738-1798: J97078-7
- Marriages 1709-1770: M97078-5
- Christenings (male only), 1707-1770: J97078-5
- Marriages 1818-1839: M97078-2
- Christenings 1771-1798: C97078-6
- Christenings (female only) 1738-1798: K97078-7
- Marriages 1738-1798: M97078-7
- Christenings 1689-1708, 1760-1764, 1798-1839: C97078-1
- Christenings (female only) 1818-1839: K97078-2
- Marriages 1771-1798: M97078-6
- Christenings (female only) 1707-1770: K97078-5
- Christenings 1872-1875: C97078-4
- Christenings (male only) 1818-1839: J97078-2
- Marriages 1692-1708, 1762-1763, 1798-1839: M97078-1
- Marriages 1869-1881: M97078-4
- Christenings (female only) 1686-1798: K97077-1
- Christenings (male only) 1686-1798: J97077-1
- Marriages 1824-1885: M97077-3
- Marriages 1686-1798: M97077-1
- Christenings 1824-1885: C97077-2
You can use those to look up the records on the FamilySearch web page. I assume this is your ancestor in those data bases:
Karl Philipp Goetz (christened 04 AUG 1819)
You'll likely have to learn to at least read German to be able to gather much important information, but most Germans understand English and can somewhat communicate in it, especially the younger generation. Consequently, you could try looking through the following web sites and communicating with their communities (which have a big overlap, naturally):