I'm looking for genealogical records, specifically marriages and births, from the late 1700's and early 1800's from Rensselaer county. I'm struggling to find a good source of them online. Is there such a source online that is available, and if not, are there recommended sources to find them in a library, perhaps the Library of Congress?
For reference, I've searched every online source from the Family Search page, but it seems like many of the records from Rensselaer county are very fragmented. These sources include:
- Abstract Wills of Resselaer County (Found some records, but only names)
- New York, Births and Christenings, 1640-1962
- Names of Persons for Whom Marriage Licenses Were Issued By the Secretary of the Province of New York, Previous to 1784
- New York Marriages, 1686–1890
- 10,000 Vital Records of Eastern New York (Found Edward Penney Jr and wife, which helped me to find some of his kids, but still looking for more about his family.)
- New York Marriage Notices
- Barber Collection- Newspaper Marriages
- Some Rensselaer Co. Residents Married in Bennington, VT, 1809-1828
As much as possible, I'm focusing on the period from about 1780-1830.
More specifically, I'm trying to track Edward Penney, born about 1742, married definitely to a Phebe (Maiden name unknown), and possibly to a Thankful Bangs. All marriage dates for him are unknown. He definitely had at least 3 sons, Ammiel, Benjamin, and Edward (Jr), and 5 daughters. Their married names (as of 1824): Thankful Horton (Possibly Haughton), Rachel, Phebe Carpenter, Esther Marvel (Possibly Marble), and Hannah Townsend.
Edward definitely lived in Pittstown, New York when he died in 1824, as did his wife Phebe, who died in 1833. I've been able to piece together some information by searching, but I'm struggling to get anything more definitive.