I am researching a person and on the WW1 records, it says that he was in the Royal Engineers and the Northamptonshire regiment as a second lieutenant. Is this possible, or must he have changed places.

  • 2
    Can you please clarify what you think the issue might be? (Hint - it will be first one then the other :-) ) – AdrianB38 Oct 1 '15 at 17:08
  • 1
    Welcome to G&FH.SE! Can you clarify what documents you are looking at and how you accessed them? – Jan Murphy Oct 1 '15 at 19:27
  • Please edit your question and tell us what information you have and where you found it. It's okay to ask for help when analyzing a document, but we can give more precise answers if you say what records you have. – Jan Murphy Oct 9 '15 at 19:37

I think he must have transferred or been transferred perhaps after his unit was merged or demobbed. We'd need more information to give you a clear answer.

If you have the service records(if they still exist), It should say what units he served in.

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.