Robert Bruce Moore:
- was born in Oct 1893 in Texas, USA
- was recorded in 1900 census in Justice Precinct 1, Young County, Texas, USA as being born Oct 1893 in Texas
- was recorded in 1910 census in Justice Precinct 4, Briscoe County, USA as being born about 1894 in Texas
- son, Robert Benjamin Moore, born in 1914 in Fresno, California
- appears to have disappeared in about 1917
Our family legends say 3 possible things happened to him:
- He was shot gun forced to marry my great grandmother because he got her pregnant with my grandfather. He was being forced by his father Benjamin Marion Moore. His siblings believed this one the most.
- His brother said that he ran off to Canada or French foreign legion to join the war because he really wanted to.
- He may havedraft dodged.
Regardless, he seemed to have fallen off the face of the earth.
However, it is possible that he may have contacted the family twice:
- There was a rumor of a letter in the 1920s
- There was a rumor that he stopped by in the 1930s and left before his mother could get there.
Can someone please help with locating anything about my missing grandfather?
I've already ruled out so many, and the name is so common.