During WW II my family changed their name. We all lived in New York City, Manhattan, at the time. The name change was made prior to my parents' application for citizenship.

Where might I find a record of that name change?

  • 1
    Are you certain that the name change wasn't simply a part of the naturalization process? That's how my dad did it, although his was a bit later (early 1960s): there was a place on one (or more) of the forms where he stated that his name after naturalization would be such-and-such.
    – JPmiaou
    May 17 '21 at 20:11

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.