I have mentioned my 4th great grandmother Christian "Kitty" Rouse (nee Crossman) in two previous questions:
- Establishing identity of Edmund Rouse of St Clement, Cabinet Maker, Private in Napoleonic Wars and Weaver?
- When, where and to whom was William Henry Rouse born in about 1832 near Truro (or Redruth), Cornwall?
but a death/burial record for her eludes me.
This is the timeline I have for her:
- Baptised on 19 Mar 1775 at Truro St Mary as Christian CROSSMAN to parents Wm. and Ann
- Married on 1 Feb 1801 at Truro St Mary to Edmund ROUSE, St Clement as Christian CROSSMAN, with both being of the parish, and witnesses being Henry CROSSMAN, Richard ROUSE and John John
- daughter Ann was born 12 Aug 1801 and baptised 23 Aug 1801 at Falmouth by Edmund and Christian Rouse
- son Petherick was born 26 Dec 1802 and baptised 8 Feb 1804 at Truro St Mary by Edmund and Christian Rouse
- son William Crossman was born 5 Sep 1813 and baptised 26 Sep 1813 at Truro St Mary by Edmund and Christian Rouse
- daughter Elizabeth was baptised 31 Jan 1819 at St Clement by Edmund and Kitty Rouse
- For the 1841 Census, she appears to have been enumerated twice:
- Ketty Rouse, Aged 60, Independent, was living alone in Pydar St, Truro
- Kitty Rouse, Aged 60, Female Servant, was living 4 miles away at Eglos Erme Parsonage, St Erme in the household of John Pomery
- For the 1851 Census Kitty Rouse, Carpet Maker, Widow, aged 76, was living in Pydar Street, Truro with daughter Elizabeth and son-in-law William Hobbs, granddaughter Elizabeth J Hobbs (13) and William Rouse (18) who is recorded as her son (but I believe is her grandson William Henry Rouse)
I have not been able to find any record of Christian/Kitty in the 1861 Census, and am assuming that she must have been deceased by then. I have not been able to locate her death in the GRO, or a burial for her in the Cornwall OPC.
Does anyone have any thoughts on where else I might be able to look for her death/burial record, or life after the 1851 Census?